Look at us!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 5 Thursday Night Football

Hello sports fans! Drew 'No Fear' Henningfield here to bring you my pick for the Thursday Night thriller in St. Louis tonight. First on the agenda however is a most sincere apology on behalf of myself. I know Odin already posted an apology but it is mainly my fault that our blog was not functional for the better part of a year. I'm sorry I let you all down and most importantly I'm sorry you weren't able to cash in on any sports picks! Now that we got that out of the way I'm going to bring you my pick for tonight. As the Arizona Cardinals (4-0) visit the St. Louis Rams (2-2) there are a couple things to take in mind for this evenings event. First of all is the gut feeling factor, a little trick my grandma taught me at a young age and something No Fear Drew has been able to cash in on frequently. Tonight I'm feeling that the Rams will be providing the Cardinals with their first loss. That being said Vegas has basically chalked this up as a 50/50 game with an opening spread of around 1 (depending on where you get your lines). What I see is that the public does not agree and are heavily favoring the Redbirds. This is good news for us betting a unit on the Rams to cover +2. I also like the idea of betting the over (39.5) here. "But Drew are you nuts? This is going to be a defensive game where running backs are going to have to grind it out inch for inch yard for yard" And while I agree that the Cards will necessarily be bringing the pressure onto a mediocre Bradford I believe in his ability to adapt. When you rush time and time again you will get in the quarterbacks face, sack him, talk about his momma, but eventually he's gonna get a read one play and torch you for a 65 yard TD to Amendola who is going to be in the lineup tonight. With the Cardinals entirely capable of putting up 20 points in this game I think that the Rams will give us a great showing, against a traveling, worn out defense who just had to play for their freedom in order to get the edge on the dolphins. I know this was a long post but it's my first in a while so I'm still working on streamlining but in summary the picks for tonight are as follows : Cardinals 21 Rams 23
 Rams +2 (2 Units ($20)
Over 39.5 (1 Unit ($10)

No comments:

Post a Comment